2into3 has a track record in encouraging and facilitating Boards to achieve governance best practice and to meet their regulatory requirements. The way we work with you will be tailored to your needs, and designed with a view to building your capacity and practice for the long-term. Our team has deep experience of working with organisations across the charity, nonprofit, sport, public and social innovation sectors. Read about services and our team’s expertise below.
2into3 has a range of services to ensure that your governance and compliance structures and practices are effective and aligned with best practice.
To what extent is your organisation compliant with legislation and best practice?
What we offer:
- Governance ‘health checks’: we can conduct an audit of your core documents and procedures, identifying recommendations for strengthening your governance and compliance.
- Support with your Charities Governance Code Compliance Record Form: we can work with you to action and complete your annual submission to the Charities Regulator – whether that’s reading it through to provide an objective perspective, or working closely with you to complete and submit it.
- Support with your Governance Code for Sport Compliance Record Form: we can work with you to action and complete your annual submissions – including your Board Assurance Statement – to Sport Ireland.
- Annual Report submission: we can work with you to draft, strengthen and submit your Annual Report.
- Charity registration: we can support you to have the structures and documentation in place to register as a Charity in Ireland.
How could your Board be enabled to work more effectively?
What we offer:
- Board effectiveness evaluations: we can design a bespoke and tailored evaluation to suit your organisation and, based on the feedback gathered, recommend a Board development programme.
- Board skills and diversity audit: either as part of an evaluation or as a standalone exercise, we can support you to conduct an audit of the skills, experience and diversity of your Board to help inform future development and recruitment plans.
- Board development: we can help you to develop and implement a Board development plan or a Board annual workplan to strengthen your Board’s operational effectiveness..
How can your Board members be supported to carry out their responsibilities effectively?
What we offer:
- New Board member inductions: we can deliver tailored induction training to new Board members, or work with you to develop a Board induction pack.
- Charities Governance Code, Governance Code for Sport, or bespoke training: we can deliver training to any Board members that could benefit from it on any aspect of governance, best practices, or regulatory updates and developments.
- Succession planning: we can work with your outgoing and incoming Chair to ensure a smooth transition leading into and following your AGM.
- Mentoring: we can work on an intensive one-to-one basis with your Chair and/or CEO to support them to achieve their development goals.
Are your governance structures organised as effectively as they could be?
What we offer:
- Structural reviews: we can take an objective, expert view of whether your governance structure – including your sub-committees, working groups and advisory groups – are organised effectively in support of your mission and best practice
- Sub-committee Terms of Reference: we can help you to develop and implement a Board development plan.
Does your organisation need support in developing or updating governance policies or documents?
All your key governance policies and documents will benefit from periodic review.
What we offer:
- Constitution reviews: we can review and make recommendations for updating your Constitution and Mems & Arts to ensure they reflects your organisation today, recent regulatory requirements, and governance best practice.
- Policy development: we can work with you to draft up or update your key governance and financial policies, such as Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing Policy, Reserves Policy – among others
- Templates: we can develop templates for key Board documents such as meeting agendas, minutes, and CEO reports
- Risk management: we can help you to develop a risk management policy and risk register
- Board induction packs and Governance handbooks: we can help you to develop tailored ‘go-to’ resource documents for your Trustees.
Does your organisation need expert advice about a specific governance issue?
From time to time, your organisation might encounter a specific issue or question that you need expert support with. Our experienced team can provide you with advice about how to manage it, and as relevant design a package of support to address it.
- Crisis management
- Conflict and mediation
- Engagement with the Charities Regulator
- Engagement with your funders, including Sport Ireland
Luna is the Director of Advisory Services, leading 2into3’s strategy and governance services. She is a specialist in supporting organisations to develop ambitious yet achievable strategic plans, to introduce transformational organisational change, and to increase their impact.
Mobile: +353 86 063 4932
Matt is an Associate Consultant with 2into3, delivering strategy and governance assignments with not-for-profits, particularly sporting organisations. Matt brings extensive knowledge and expertise developed over two decades in CEO and government peak body roles spanning the Irish, Australian and New Zealand not for profit and high-performance sporting contexts. Prior to 2into3, Matt served as CEO of a number of Irish governing bodies of sport – including Hockey Ireland, Cycling Ireland, and Triathlon Ireland.
Mobile: +353 87 4065886
Catriona Hogan is an Associate Consultant with 2into3, delivering a range of governance services. She has over twenty five years’ experience of working in the nonprofit sector and has managed local, regional and national organisations. A graduate of UCC, University of Pisa and School of Philanthropy Indiana University, Catriona has reported to Boards as a charity staff member and provided professional advice to Boards nationally and internationally.
Mobile: + 353 86 8318798