Community Centres Investment Fund
If you’re a New Build Community Centre seeking funding, you may be eligible to apply to the Community Centres Investment Fund for up to €6,000,000. ‘Our Shared Future’ commits to the introduction of a capital grants programme for the New Builds of community centres with objectives to:
- Assist voluntary and community organisations and local authorities to develop high quality, accessible, safe, well‐designed, sustainable new build community centres to help develop empowered, inclusive and resilient communities.
- Encourage the sharing of community facilities.
The minimum grant funding available from the Fund is €1,000,000 and the maximum is €6,000,000. The Fund will provide up to 90% of the total project value to a maximum of €6,000,000, with at least 10% to be provided in matching contributions by the applicants. A minimum of 5% of the matching contributions element must be in cash.
For the purposes of compliance with public financial procedures, the lead party to an application must be a State‐funded body. Proposals under the Fund should demonstrate a collaborative approach between two or more organisations.
Other requirements include:
- The project proposal must be a ‘shovel ready’ new build community centre with all the necessary permissions and consents in place e.g. planning consent etc.
- The development must be on a green/brown field site and not the refurbishment of an existing property.
- All relevant ecological and archaeological survey work (if applicable) has been undertaken or will be undertaken e.g. Appropriate Assessment screening.
- There is evidence of ownership (if applicable) or a minimum 20 year lease in place.
Applications close 3rd July 2023.
For more information on this grant, visit the government website.
2into3 Grant Services
If you are interested in applying for the Community Centre Investment Fund and require assistance, our grants team can provide the support necessary. Applying for state funding can be a difficult and timing consuming process, involving various documents such as business plans, costs analyses, technical details, stakeholder research and much more. Many organisations struggle as they do not plan their grant application sufficiently by not following the necessary steps required or not adhering to the grant programme criteria.
If you would like more information on our services, contact Patricia Keenan directly on +353 860657347.